branford house winter wedding

Branford House was originally a 31-room mansion that rivaled those found in Newport. WoodWinds was bought by award-winning chef Antonio . So if you're heart is set on a seated, plated dinner, this is probably not the best venue, unless you do the tent. of the mansion (compared to surrounding places) we were able to stay within budget. My family is still talking about how gorgeous this place is. we took the suggestion of the bar underneath the Portico/stone patio and the dancing in the room right next to it. Cocktail hour, speeches and first dance all on the long patio, dinner seated all in the main central room with the two story fireplace, dancing in the side room next to the outdoor bar and a quieter room to keep couches, dessert/coffee to escape all the adventures. It has old world charm with amazing architecture and beautiful fireplaces. Branford house wedding pictures. Embrace the Season. Your email address will not be published. I was told that they would not allow me to book any rehearsal time at the venue until 14 days before the wedding. they're correct. It was built at a cost of three million dollars in 1903 when Groton Savings Bank at the time had $312,738.39. You do need to hire UCONN for bar services and we did have a few issues working with them but that really isn't a reflection of the venue itself or of the venue coordinator. Branford House was built in 1902 for Morton Freeman Plant, a local financier and philanthropist, as his summer home; he named it after his hometown of Branford, Connecticut. The bride and groom truly have an opportunity to create that special wedding at Waveny House. Although they provided excellent service, it did add on quite a bit to our budget. The state bought it for about $50,000; it cost $3 million to build. Share with your guests to collect your wedding photos. This Waterford shoreline mansion embodies an old-world charm with multiple rooms to host your guests. It was gorgeous and so many of our guests commented on what an amazing venue it was. One of our favorite parts about helping brides prepare for winter weddings is helping keep them warm and stylish! For example, your guests could have plenty of room to spread out during cocktail hour or after dinner. They also have a longer rental period than most venues I researched (10 hours: 2 for setup, 1 for breakdown, 7 hours of celebration). This flexibility allowed us to have exactly the wedding we wanted. Staff is very under developed from lack of training I expect. Claim Your Profile. Lastly is the West Room, an 860-square foot rectangle with several large windows. So many people loved the outside parts of the venue that many people milled about outside, enjoyed the view and the ocean breeze. Our Weddings Team is ready to help you plan your special day. Katie & Steve's Beach Engagement Session at Napatree Point. The guests loved it and most importantly so did we!! The Branford House Mansion is a historic mansion and wedding venue on the Avery Point Campus of the University of Connecticut in Groton, Connecticut. This beauty is located in the heart of downtown Fairfield right across from the train station. Instead of flowers, foliage make such a statement at a winter wedding and a hanging display is incredibly theatrical. Thank you to Bethany and our vendors for making it such an incredible day! This venue is especially perfect for the more intimate guest counts, ranging from 25 75, which weve all come to love this past year! This venue is beautiful and very reasonably priced! So, when Kristin and Rob reached out to me based on my own JPs, Marie Tyler Wileys, recommendation, it was awesome! Katherine who runs the house can be tough to get a hold of at times and a few days before my wedding we had some miscommunication but everything went off without a hitch. Their barn, bistro, wine cellar, Red Barrel Room, Tank Room, and Crush Pad are all cozy locations for your gathering! Victoria and Jack had less than this, but it felt like a perfect party energy. the LI Sound and the backdrop of the stunning mansion. Mortons architect wife, Nellie, designed the mansion, which was actually named after Branford, Connecticut. The venue does absolutely nothing for you, except provide a person to be on hand to have the place open, direct traffic and close the place up at the end. 274 reviews of The Kartrite Resort & Indoor Waterpark "Grand opening and as you would expect some operational flaws. They have a great deal with a beautiful location and all day rental (you will be the only group there on your day!) Imagine the sprawling lawn settled with snow around you! This was a winter wedding. We love a venue thats easy to get to, and travel to and from this one is a cinch! It was excellent having a longer reception time for even more fun since the day flies by so fast. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Its easy to want to stay cozy in any of these rooms, especially once you see the bathtubs some of them boast. . The layout of the space is a little challenging to work with, especially for our chilly wedding day, which kept our 100 guests largely inside. We had a total of 85 guests attend our wedding which allowed for an indoor/outdoor event with no tents. We fell in love with this venue the second we stepped inside, and We got married at the Branford House in October. Events can also be held in the garden venue, adjacent to the bluestone patio with oceanside views.Services OfferedThe Branford House Mansion provides a personal event planner to ensure that the wedding is a stress-free experience for couples. Alex and liane had a brisk winter day as the setting for their long awaited wedding. es are the reasons why I was eager to book the venue, and they really shined on our wedding day. you don't need to splurge on flowers or heavy decorations. We got so many compliments from our guests. When it came to the wedding day, the staff was oddly strict about how drinks were served. nly receive the location, tables, and cheap chairs. Romantic Branford House Wedding in Groton, CT. Below is a list of some great and best waterfront wedding venues in CT. 1. C $25.94 Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Fire Boat Connecticut City of Branford Fire Department Marine 5 Fireboat at the best online prices at Free shipping for many products . As mentioned before, the building itself is stunning so we just added pillar candles and loose florals in the nooks/fireplaces to really bring it to life. This venue is absolutely beautiful, and the ocean-side views are amazing is you are so lucky to have the weather cooperate for you to have your wedding outdoors on the law After tons of research I stumbled upon this hidden gem in CT! Katherine was incredibly accommodating to our quirky needs for the ceremony and reception. After missing out on St. Patrick's Day celebrations two years in a row due to COVID concerns, Tommy Sullivan's made a week out of the holiday in 2022, with whiskey promotions, bagpipe . Rooms were clean but bathrooms could be a bit more upscale as the price of a night stay . The setting is outstanding and Katherine is wonderful! Content last updated April 2019. This ballroom-type area is super unique and fancy. The sun was shining and there was a light breeze floating through the air - perfect weather for a wedding down by the water! One of our favorite Connecticut wedding venues is the Branford House in Groton. The Common Man Inn & Restaurant in Claremont would be honored to plan and host your special day. A picturesque cocktail hour and reception meal . ides have mentioned. Informacin detallada del sitio web y la empresa: hunzaguides.com, +923008504627, +925813457050, +923335044414, +923015044414, +923438926352 Hunza Guides Pakistan - Tours, Trekking & Expeditions Like a couple of acres huge, just wide open to water views directly behind the mansion. We went with David Alan Hospitality Group, and they 100% nailed it. Should you opt to celebrate with a few more loved ones (around 100), then one room is perfect for cocktail hour and dancing while the other two comfortably seat your guest tables! We did the ceremony outside with the dancing under a tent on the patio and the meals inside which was terrific. like my husband said, we can bring our children back here. No one seems to be aware of what's going on and lack information to give you. 14. Alex and Liane had a brisk winter day as the setting for their long awaited wedding. This venue does have it's challenges, as it's a broken up space and not an open ballroom type setting. Bethany Langenbachbethany.langenbach@uconn.edu. As I started shooting Bridgets getting ready photos, I knew this was going to be a glitzy affair. We first met Kelsey and her mom at the Mohegan Sun Bridal Expo last winter (we'll be back again this February, so stop by and say hi at our booth!!!!) Website uses cookies to give you personalized shopping and marketing experiences. The property originally included Shennecossett Golf Course about a mile away (interesting tidbit: Shennecossett Yacht Club is right next door to Branford House and also hosts weddings). It was the only thing that really frustrated me on my wedding day. From our elegant Sugar River Ballroom, to our intimate Woven Label room to our outdoor, riverside Sullivan Green, we have many spaces to create the day of your dreams. So, whats the relationship between Branford House and the University of Connecticut? The Branford House. THE BRANFORD HOUSE The Branford House at UConn Avery Point was built in the 19th century, modeled after the famous Newport mansions, and offers an elegant location on the Connecticut shore that creates the . I could not be happier with the venue! Ashley and Dylan's story was held at the incredible Branford House in Groton, CT. The . ests inside comfortably. The three of us had a small world moment when I told Kristin and Rob that Marie married my wife and me. However, the place is very self serve. There were multiple points in the evening when the bar refused to serve our guests; they told guests that they wouldn't serve drinks while speeches were being made, but the very reason our guests were at the bar were to acquire drinks to participate in toasts. The staff is very knowledgeable and was very helpful. With her blonde wavy tresses, channeling a breathtaking beaded lace dress, Bridget seemed to have just stepped out of a black and white movie. The Grand Ballroom and East and West Wing rooms can accommodate up to 200 guests. There is very little flexibility or understanding on any front. Theres also a small rehearsal fee, if you elect to have one. Lockwood Matthews. Surrounded by her charming bridesmaids in floral robes, the bride-to-be was the image of Old Hollywood perfection. October 5, 2018 BrianAmbrosePhoto. In my opinion, the best thing about Branford House is that they let you hire the caterer of your choice - a huge cost savings! (sorry ladies) I got over the not so cute bathroom quickly when friends said, you tinkle and leave. The Warehouse at FTC is particularly hearty in size, granting the opportunity for gatherings large and small. A Banford House wedding located in Groton, Connecticut. Beautiful place, over looking the Long Island Sounds.couln't ask for a better place, not to mention the scenery is amazing. My wife went to where to start oh Gosh. Larger wedding ceremonies take place on the lawn behind the mansion, looking towards Long Island Sound. The house was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 23, 1984. This flexibility allowed us to have exactly the wedding we wanted. Check out this years best local pros, chosen by couples like you. Please visit my Harkness Memorial State Park Weddings Page for more information and more pictures. The staff is responsive and helpful. Clinton, CT 06413, P: (860)669.4596 WoodWinds is an esteemed wedding venue located in Branford, CT. A much sought-after location, this luxurious estate presents couples with an elegant setting for their special day. we got lucky with our amazing caterer, as we saw them in action when visiting the mansion. We optimized use of the space by having our cocktail hour and first dance on the patio. we loved how customizable our wedding was. We couldnt have asked for a more perfect day!! As couples and their wedding party draw nearer, its architectural brick beauty becomes clearer. Inside is dark and gothic, which was kind of my wedding theme. jubilee events is a NEW ENGLAND wedding planner studio based out of Connecticut. It is not a banquet hall or standard wedding mill, you have to get your own catering/florist/planner etc. The complete look was incredibly sophisticated and luxurious, which was exactly what she Liane was going for. Learn more here. The Branford House is absolutely gorgeous! Liane has actually been a longtime muse for us here at The White Dress By The Shore! Mark Clifton: Always Prepared to Help, Scout's Honor. The photos were exceptional; there were so many photo opportunities that it hard to narrow down our options to favorites. If a waterfront wedding day complete with a mansion is one of your goals, you really cant go wrong here. Ladybug Designs Wedding and Event Florals, History Around the Corner: UConn-Avery Point campus turns half a century old,, Outdoor/indoor, waterfront historic mansion, three lighthouses on view, As its owned by the State of Connecticut, Branford Houses staff are generally UConn employees, One of the better mansion wedding venues in the state, it offers year-round weddings, with outdoor covered and outdoor open-air ceremony options, The property is suitable for small and big weddings, with a maximum of about 500 people (thats not a typo; Bethany Lagenbach, Branford Houses event space manager, let me know that theyve hosted that many guests for an all-outdoor wedding in the past), If youre open to an outdoor dance floor (the venue has two sizable, paved patios), then 200 guests can fit inside for a Branford House wedding reception, Reasonably speaking, a little under 200 guests can be seated inside the mansions first floor for a Branford House wedding reception (its a good idea to speak with your, Choose your own caterer, subject to the venues rules, This includes a tasting for the two of you to check things out before you decide on food, Current policy dictates that youre locked into UConns Department of Dining Services for your bar/alcohol service, Since Branford House is on Connecticut state property, the public is technically allowed to be on the wedding venue grounds (but not in the mansion), Regarding overnight accommodations, there are several hotels in Groton, Connecticut that would probably require some Uber rides (and dont forget nearby, Branford House isnt technically in Mystic, its located in Groton (downtown Mystic is 15 minutes away, Stonington Borough is 20 minutes away), Lovers of small-band live music will love Branford House; this wedding venue is conducive to musicians and even has a piano on hand, Despite how glamorous your Branford House wedding can be, its actually an.

St Johns Golf And Country Club Community Yard Sale, Third Person Past Tense Passive Voice Example, Articles B

branford house winter wedding